Sunday, September 25, 2011

My connections with Famous Authors

I am very excited for two lovely ladies who are about to have books published! 

The first Famous Author is my dear friend from Brazil, Jenny Spinola.  She’s an American from the small Virginia town where my mom now lives who met her Brazilian husband while she was a missionary in Japan.  (Three hemispheres!  One family!)  We met at the International Baptist church in Brasilia.  Recently Barbour Books picked up three of her books.  The first one, Southern Fried Sushi, will be released this coming Saturday.  Woohoo!  The book has been getting some lovely reviews.  The second in the series will be released in just 6 months.  So everybody rush to your nearest bookstore, computer or kindle and buy it!

The second Famous Author is Katy Pistole.  I don’t technically know Katy, but her mother was my mentor in the CS Lewis Fellows program last year and is one of the sweetest ladies I know, so I’m sure Katy is wonderful!  She has already published a series of four children’s books, but last night she won the American Christian Fiction Writers’ Genesis Award for Contemporary Fiction.  So her first book for adults will be published soon!

Congratulations, Jenny and Katy!

No comments:

Post a Comment